Friday, July 1, 2011

Timmy's 4th Birthday

Last weekend was my oldest son, Timmy's 4th birthday.  I can hardly believe he's already 4!!!  It seems like just yesterday, he was my little sidekick, always tagging along with mommy to do most everything.  As a baby, he didn't like to sleep too much, but he was a pretty happy kid when he was awake and so pretty much from day one, we did most everything together.  He liked to go grocery shopping.  As a baby, when other mom's would be pushing sleeping infants around the grocery store, he would sit in his little car seat in the buggy and just look around at everything while I shopped.  He was such a smiley, happy baby!  He would laugh at just about anything and since he was the first grandchild and nephew on both sides of the family, he had plenty of opportunities to smile and laugh for people. He charmed everyone.

When he was 13 1/2 mon. old, his little brother Ethan joined the family.  Timmy didn't know what to think at first, of me or his little brother, but it wasn't long before the little infant became mobile and they learned to play together.

Timmy is really thoughtful.  He checks outside to make sure that all the toys are in after they play.  He wants to make sure that the cover is on the sandbox.  He does his best to make sure that Ethan stays in line, whether that's when we're at home or when we're out places.  He likes it when I give him responsibility.  I can really see him growing up and changing.  I have to remind myself to hang on to every moment because he's growing up really fast.  He really craves one on one time.  I've started saving a special time in the afternoon when my other boys are down for a nap just to spend some time with him.  We usually read books.  That's something we've done together since he was about 2 weeks old.  I like talking with him during this time too.  He can ask some pretty serious questions.  Timmy also loves gifts.  He can remember who gave him what for what birthday and Christmas time.  Even when I or someone else gives him a tiny little trinket, it means the world to him.  It makes him feel very loved that the person thought of him and gave him a gift.

This year he requested Mack, the truck from Cars.  He's actually had this cake picked out since his birthday last year.  I'm not kidding.  He has talked about his Mack ever since.  He was so sweet and kept thanking me for making his Mack Cake.  He loved it and that's what makes it worth it.  I love you, Tim!!



No comments:

Post a Comment