Saturday, April 23, 2011

Baseball Coach Birthday

Today's cake was a birthday cake for a long time baseball coach.  From what I was told, the man has dedicated his life to children and their baseball experience.  They specifically asked that I include the logo for the baseball team on the cake.

I also like the challenge to branch out with sheet-like cakes.   I have always dreaded making single layer, square or rectangular type cakes because, well, they just tend to remind me of run-of-the-mill grocery store sheet cakes. YUCK!  (Now, if you buy these kinds of cakes, that's totally fine!  I think it just irks the creative side of me!)  So, that being said, I'm always looking for ways to make sheet cakes, look special, and not like a typical sheet cake.

ENJOY!


A little closer shot of the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment